On this my 30th birthday, I am extremely happy about the extremely positive things that I have seen and experienced in 2013.
- Most importantly, Sam and I were married in July which was the culmination of Sam’s hard work. It was truly beautiful to have so many friends and family come out to celebrate our union in a beautiful location.
- I am healthy. After a lung surgery, stereotactic brain radiation therapy, and an immunotherapy treatment this year I have had a good run of clean scans. I’m finally feeling like I can start to move out of crisis mode and plan for the future beyond a few months at a time. That’s a great feeling!
- Currently, my wonderful wife is back from Greece for the holidays and it’s a damn delight to have my better half here. I can’t wait til she’s back for good and we can start our married life in earnest.
- We’re moving to a new house very soon that should prove to be less hassle than our current rental and at a lower price to boot. It just happens to be exactly one block away from the new home purchased by good pals Lukas and Megan. We’re going to have to get some walkie-talkies. And it’s going to be a lot harder for me to sleep through the sunrises for which I was supposed to get up and meet them. But, the most important perk of this new home is that it’s 50% closer to the donut shop.
- I’m finally feeling like I’m back into the swing of things at my job. The last two years have been fractured by medical leaves, fatiguing treatments, and sometimes crippling anxiety. I am truly thankful that my employer has been incredibly understanding during this time.
Photographically, I have had quite a satisfying year. I have found myself in many beautiful places under some truly spectacular conditions. I met a bunch of fabulous, like-minded folks and enjoyed their company in those beautiful places. Enough with the words, here’s the images that stand out in my mind, not just for the conditions, but for the experiences had in capturing them. Here they are in the order they were taken.